Welcome, and thank you for your interest in the American Red Cross response. We’re particularly pleased to see those from the news media. You play such an important role in helping us reach those in need.
We want you to be able to get the most from this resource, so here’s a brief rundown of the highlights:
- Items in the left hand column are in chronological order, with the newest bulletins on top. Those of you with fast-moving deadlines are free to pick the information as quickly as you find it, and help us spread the word.
- Items in the right hand column are in “summary” style. If you are on a deadline and just need a quick list of statistics or services, you can grab them from the category links on the right. These include links to other resources, like the redcross.org page, local chapter websites, or FEMA.
- “Announcements” are essentially housekeeping messages to the media. If we add a section of information, or want to designate an after-hours on-call contact, that will fall under “Announcements.”
- “Alerts” are items that we’d like shared with the public as quickly as you can. Broadcasters, or even newspapers with websites can pull this information as often as they’d like (and we’d be pleased if you did!)
- “News Releases” are traditional news releases, ready for you to clip and run with as much or little editing as you’d like.
Additionally, you can make use of the syndication feeds from this page, and catch the content without opening your browser. You can also subscribe using Google Reader, Bloglines, Newsgator, Newsplorer, or any other reader of your choice.